"Wisdom has built her House, she has hewn out her Seven Pillars" Proverbs 9:1
I look forward to having you come join me as we work to turn our houses into homes.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Think Sink!

Coming out to the kitchen and finding a clean sink, really can make a difference to the start of your day!  I'm lucky enough to have a large window right at my sink so I'm able to use the window sill to place items along it that I like to have at hand..............  The soap dish, nail brush & plug currently sit on a little rag to help protect the wood from water.   I have a little ring holder that I picked up from an op shop for a couple of dollars to pop my rings on before I wash up.  I never used to do this, but lately I've had to get my rings repaired and the cost was crazy!! 

So what else do I have on my sitting on my kitchen window sill???..............
The little vase holds a couple of old toothbrushes that I use for cleaning around the edges of the sink and taps, and also a little paint brush that I find handy for getting into some cracks to dust out.       I don't use a dishwasher here - so yes, all the washing up gets done by hand - it really can be done quickly and the benches all wiped over at the same time.  I always had my kids help out on a roster system in the kitchen with meal time dishes!   As much as I would like to sit after dinner, I find it good to get up and get the dishes done and leave the kitchen looking lovely and fresh ready for the morning.    

 

No comments: